Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Last Meal

We were having boiled crawfish and crabs tonight and as I sucked the heads and pinched the tails and picked that delicious lump meat out of the crabs ... I had a thought.
If I knew I was dying tomorrow. Passing on. Adios amigos. Heading to heaven. What would I want as a last meal?
As much as I love Broussard's ( restaurant) Louisiana Bouillabaisse and turtle soup ( by the way, New Orleans has so many wonderful eating establishments. And I love many of them - but if I had to pick a favorite - Broussard's. If you haven't been - GO. NOW!!!!! If you are disappointed I will buy your meal)(... Back to the rambling) I would have to pick - as my last meal - a good down home seafood boil with family and every friend I can think of. Crabs. Crawfish. Shrimp. All of the fixins. Raw oysters. Some good Des Allemands fried catfish. Some of the alligator sauce piquant my mom makes. Some white beans.
And no seafood boil is complete without hot dogs for the kids. Man that sounds good. Even as I type this - hands burning from the spicy crawfish and belly full - it makes me want to dig in some more.
One last thought. If a person on death row requests Fresh Louisiana boiled crawfish as their last meal - and it isn't crawfish season. Would they get a Stay?

No comments:

Post a Comment