Thursday, June 9, 2011

I have a new "favorite" song (at least for a few minutes)

I have a new favorite song.
We watched a little America's Got Talent last night. This is a show we have watched - for the most part - somewhat regularly. But it isn't a show where we HAVE to be in front of the tube when it comes on. Thankfully, we really don't have any of those. But when it is on, we watch it if we are home. But I will say that the show - so far - isn't really too good this years - so far.
Last night, an interesting looking dude came on there and sang a folk type song. He got 3 Xs in no time. I felt bad for the guy because he wasn't the best, but he was better than a lot of acts that moved on to the second round. Immediately the Twitter started lighting up about how he was wronged, etc.
Well, to do my part in making sure the world hears this song, it will become my new favorite song - at least for a day or so.
But to add to it, I will use it as a sort of Theme song - if you will. The song is called Truck Drivers aren't Supposed to Cry".
Being in the trucking business, I actually do get a lot of truck drivers crying (complaining, etc). I give them the time of day because we all have to vent, complain sometime......So I type this sort of tongue in cheek. When my guys and gals start to complain, I will just sing this song to myself and smile at them.
Now the song isn't really about whining or complaining truck drivers, it is about ______ (not really sure what it is about). I think it is just about a driver not crying from being out all night or away from home.....

For the record, I respect my drivers and most drivers out there. So this piece isn't about bashing a truck driver. IT is simply me (since It is my blog) joking around and having some fun. without the driver and the transportation industry, things would not move. Just about everything you eat, wear, drive, drink, etc gets moved around by a truck driver.


So, here's to all the drivers out there and here's to Walt Winston for bringing us "What is sure to be a classic." Maybe - maybe not.




1 comment:

  1. Like the fan page on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/TruckersDontCry

    ReplyDelete