Saturday, June 18, 2011

Aromas from the Nail place and contemplating Conversion ... and other Saturday thoughts

We had to bring Mr. Blue to the shop for them to re-do an alignment. Then I came with my honey to her nail appointment. I don't venture into nail places (what is the proper term for these places - manicurist?) very often but the 2 or 3 times I have been in places like this I can't help but be amazed by the interesting aromas floating in the air. The predominant smell has to be the acetone type products. But I can't put my finger on what else is mixing in the air. All I know is that I like it.
I posted a Top 5 Smells blog awhile back ( you can check it out in the archives). I think I need to revisit that at a later date. The nail place may make the new list.

Pyromania vs. Shredder
Today is a big day in my life. I am exploring the probability of converting. Yes, you read correctly. You see, one of my best backyard buddies is our chiminea. One of my favorite past times is burning credit card receipts and other sensitive documents that most people would shred. Well the fire pit has officially wore out. Plus with the dry days we have been in, burning may not be a great idea. I bought a 19 dollar shredder yesterday so I will take another path to destroying documents. Sometime today I will take the (what used to be) the garbage bag full of burn papers and I will explore Shreddism. I will keep you posted on that quest.

Lastly this morning: sonic: I like sonic but when you swipe your card you have to punch your zip code on the key pad. Those key pads are gross. To think a bit further. Think of everything you touch in public. ATM machines. Gas pumps. Shopping carts. Doors. Money. I feel sick.
Is the thought of junk in public?
Is it my missing the burn pit?
Or is it too much acetone?

Have a great Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment