Saturday, July 30, 2011

AC Woes and Woes nots

First. I am not really that great in the realm of ac and refrigeration, plumbing and electricity. So with that said, our 30 year old ac compressor went out the other day. Knowing the very little that I know about the subject I changed the fuses outside by the unit. No dice. So I thought it was shoooooooooooooooot. So we called for estimates. Yesterday the first guy came out to do the estimate. He works for the company that has been servicing the unit over the years. So just for the heck of it he checked it out. I mentioned to him that I changed the fuses. So let's fast forward to now. We came home from my sisters house to wait for another ac dude to come do an estimate. Just for the heck of I start messing around. I go to the fuse box inside of the house. Some of the writing on it is muddled. The fuses that can be seen are all good. The ones inside the box have to be pulled out. So I think one of them says "comp". So for the heck of it I change those 2 fuses. I walk to the thermostat I turn it on and BAM!!!!!!!!! The compressor comes on. We have ac.
My first reaction. Man I am dumb but you know, I never ever professed to know much about ac and refrigeration, electricity, plumbing, auto mechanics, etc. But I can do tile and wood floors with the best of them. My lawn skills are not perfect but I can holdl my own. I can build you a deck. I can order you a shed. And I can pressure wash off any mold. So I don't feel too bad.
Actually right about now I feel pretty good. An cooooooooooool.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you didn’t need the AC guy to come over, then. Perhaps whatever trick you pulled with the fuse outside worked. Well, I hope that fix is permanent. That way, you could cross the AC off your list of household woes. Cheers!

    Tommy Hopkins @ AccuTemp

    ReplyDelete