Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Tribute to Roy

I learned this morning that our cousin Roy passed away.
He is in Heaven now with lots more than you and I.
He touched so many people in his life. He was a trooper.
Roy developed Spinal Meningitis when he was 3 months old. This crippled him, but he was able to walk with braces as a child. The disease did affect his speech but never his mind. He had a Beautiful mind. He was smart. He loved to laugh. He loved coming to church and on the days he came, the church was a little better. When he came we always sang his favorite Hymn, "When We All Get To Heaven."
So here's to you buddy!
"He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God." Acts 3:8

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely tribute, Wade, and I'm so glad you included that hymn. I always, always think of Roy when I hear it, and his enthusiasm made it a favorite of mine, too. Think I'll be humming it quite a bit today as I remember him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It it so sweet of you to remember Roy this way, I thought of "Roy's song" first thing this morning when I thought about him. I have to admit I sat here and cried when I heard it played. I know he is so happy to be in Heaven. And I can just picture him walking into Maggie's arms.

    ReplyDelete