Sunday, July 12, 2009

I Finally Found the BEST Turtle Soup in the New Orleans Area

We ate at Broussard's (in the French Quarter) last night. On our two previous visits I wanted to get the turtle soup (I like to try the turtle soup almost everywhere we go) but I also can't stay away from the Louisiana Bouillabaisse (an awesome entree chock full of fresh seafood). I figured two "soup" type dishes (plus they have so many other great choices) in one sitting ....blah blah blah....last night I did it. I had my appetizer plus the Bouillabaisse plus the Turtle soup.
I found the BEST turtle soup in the New Orleans area. It was so full of big chunks of real turtle meat (not veal like some places use for their turtle soup) and onions and peppers and carrots and celery and a thick broth that could be eaten over rice. I could have eaten 12 bowls of it, but I had to save room for my Bouillabaisse (the best dish - ever!).
Prior to the Broussard's turtle soup experience, I thought Bull's Corner in LaPlace had the best turtle soup.
My little brother said he liked the turtle soup at Grand Isle. So I may have to try it.
Do yourself a favor, go eat at Broussard's (even if you don't eat the turtle soup).


http://www.broussards.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment