Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Gonzo's Connect the Classics

today is Wednesday, but when you read this play like it is Monday - music Monday...

Gonzo’s Connect the Classics

On one of the local New Orleans radio stations, WKBU – Bayou 95.7, there is a show called Gonzo’s Connect the Classics.
Basically, listeners call in and request the play list. The only rule is that whatever song the listener requests, the first letter of the song must be the same as the last letter of the song playing. If the song playing ends with an “E” then it is considered a wild card and any song can be played. I don’t really listen to this station (I do like the type of music they play) but Joel in our shop has it on often. It is a pretty cool idea and sounds fun.
So in the spirit of this show, I give you Wade’s Connect My Classics.
Why? You might see a song on here that sounds interesting….you might listen to it….you might like…….then again, you might not.
I will start with a song I have been listening to a lot lately (I will not use any “E” wild cards. For game purposes I will only capitalize the first and last letters of the song title (the band – in case you want to look up – will be in parentheses)
Help I’m alivE (Metric) – Everlasting frienD (Blue October) – Done stealiN (Carolina Liar) – Near wild heaveN (REM) – Nyc’s like a graveyarD (The Moldy Peaches) – DizzY (Jimmy Eat World) – You’re beautifuL (James Blunt) – Lost my minD (Matthew Sweet)….

Ok this isn’t as exciting as I thought it would be….I guess the concept works better on a radio show with actual listeners calling in…….oh well…

No comments:

Post a Comment