Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wednesday Quit Hits

Wednesday Quit Hits


 I am deeply disappointed. The cut may be too deep to heal. So please bear with me. When we received our latest issue of Hispanic (a magazine geared toward our Hispanic and Latino people), I was shocked and appalled. There on the cover was a picture of Perez Hilton. He had a “grinch – esq” smile like he was saying “Ahhhhhhh Senior Cortez, I got the award and not you.” A tear ran down my cheek. First – I didn’t even know who Perez Hilton was. My daughter told me (and then I knew – teens watch too much TV) he is a gossip guru. Lord help us all! Well, I really thought I was going to get that award. The award you ask? Hispanic Magazine’s HISPANIC OF THE YEAR. Oh well, Maybe next year.
 Pills. I am 42 and I have come to the realization that I take too many pills.
 Drivers – there are some great truck drivers out in the world. I can speak on this since I am in the transportation industry. But I will tell you the truth. The few that are _______________ (fill in your word here)…for them the General public should be VERY afraid.
 NYC’s Tavern on the Green – no more. And we never had a chance to eat there.
 Stress – I got too much of it.
 Crystal Ball Football Challenge – I missed 2 this year so far, but I am in good shape to win it!
 My pre-season football picks – NCAA and NFL – Stunk. I will do the recap when both seasons are over.
 Wade’s Top 100 Songs and Albums of all time. The lists are coming – be patient.
 Facebook – boring. I don’t want to aggravate the 1 or 2 people who actually read this and do Facebook, but I don’t get it…really…I tried but when I get on there all I want to is Blast off!

Well that is it for today. But since today is also Wednesday Quote Day let me quote that great philosophical singing group.
“It’s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.” REM

No comments:

Post a Comment