Monday, December 21, 2009

Music Monday.....Susan Boyle

Music Monday is back (and hopefully will stay- at least until "Wade's Top 100" hits the Blog).
I don't always follow what everyone else listens to in music. If you know me then you know my musical tastes stretch the spectrum of the music world.
But like much of England, Scotland, the USA and probably the world, I was blown away by Susan Boyle's first performance on Britain's Got Talent. As a fan of America's Got Talent, I still enjoy watching her clip on you tube.
Well, from what I see and hear, Susan Boyle's CD is selling many copies.
I can attest that it should! It should be a Hot seller that is.
Quite frankly, the lady has a breathtaking voice.
Where has she been? Why did it take a TV show for the big break? And, after this debut album, will she sustain what she has now?
I wish I had time to go into my thoughts on these questions, but you can read other's thoughts on her and the many sites that discuss her.
I want to quickly talk about her album.
I Dreamed A Dream.
When I listen to this record, I hear all sorts of influences, changes in pitch, movements in voice, and emotion.
All of the songs are beautifully done and enjoyable to the ear.
The arrangements put down for her really help the listener to be captivated by her voice. She proves her worth though by that same voice. She can go high and go low and the flow between each is incredible.
Her cover of The Rolling Stones "Wild Horses" and "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Miserables kick the record off with tremendous hooks - in other words - after you listen to those two songs. you will be hooked!
She does some awesome classics like "Cry Me A River," "The End of the World," and "Who I Was Born To Be."
She included 2 spiritual favorites on the record: "How Great Thou Art" and "Silent Night" and "Amazing Grace."
Her rendition of Patty Griffin's "Up to the Mountain" is truly breathtaking. As is Madonna's "You'll See."
I love all of the songs on the record, but my favorite two are The Monkees' "Daydream Believer" and her version of "Proud".
As you can see I like this record.
Out of 5 stars?..............it gets a 5.

check it out for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment