Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Vick

Vick, Michael

I really thought that I would never comment on the Mike Vick issue.
But, I have to.
I will keep it short.
First, I do feel that professional athletes, movie stars, “big time” pastors, high profile people, famous musicians, etc do get preferential treatment for certain acts.
I do feel what Mike Vick did was wrong, offensive, cruel, etc.
But I also feel he deserves a second chance. He got his second chance.
Lets just say you or I did what he did. We served our time. We were sorry and remorseful. Our employer gives us a second chance. Don’t you think you or I would deserve that?
Yes.
I actually heard a guy on the radio say that if he did the same thing and his employer gave him a second chance, he would deserve that second chance. He followed that up by saying “But Vick doesn’t deserve it (the second chance).”
This guy can’t be to swift.
Mike Vick’s case is the same. It just happens to be the Philadelphia Eagles and the National Football League instead of Bob’s Vacuum Service.
His employer gave him a second chance. If your employer gave you a second chance it would be the same thing.
Another person told me that Vick isn’t sorry, he is just giving lip service so he can get back in the NFL. I asked him if he went to Mike Vick’s house last night and Mike Vick told him that over iced tea?
Now I hope he is truly remorseful about what he did do. No one that I know will ever be able to tell that.
So, in the spirit of humanity and the spirit of forgiveness, he deserves a second chance.
Whether you agree or disagree is up to you.
If you disagree, go read your Bible. There are a lot of words telling you why you should agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment