Friday, August 28, 2009

Commercials that are always funny...no matter how many times I see them

Commercials that are Always funny

They have many commercials – past and present – that I like.
There are currently 4 running that I think are hilarious.
Did you see the Wendy’s commercial for the new Bacon Double Cheeseburger? All these people are amazed that it only cost $1.29.
This commercial would not be funny, but for one guy. There is a dark haired fellow – sounds like he is from Jersey or Philly or some wonderful place like that – who makes this commercial for me.
With one line, I roll laughing every time. He says “I can get about two a ‘dem.” The way he says it cracks me up. I love it.
AT-T has an ad out there about roll over minutes. They have had some terrific ones in the past with this one family. You’ve seen them; the kid doesn’t want to use the old minutes even though the mom says they are still good. Who knew, those little orange circles would be part of a great commercial. The latest (and it has been running a while – and it is still funny) is when the family is in the van and the son doesn’t want the rollover minutes. He cuts his mom off in mid sentence. He gets the LOOK! That look is funny and scary at the same time. I love it.
Verizon has the commercial where the parents are sitting and working on Facebook and Twitter. Their kids are irritated. The mom keeps writing, “I love you” on the daughter’s facebook page. The dad keeps twittering. When the son asks his dad to stop, he says almost to his self (while twittering) “I am sitting on the porch.” Hilarious.
Then we have the T-Mobil commercial with that nerdy little fellow and Katherine Zeta Jones. She asks where his parents are and he says (in that suave voice) “Richard and Linda won’t be joining us the evening” as he click the mood music and the fireplace on. Eventually Katherine Zeta Jones gives him the look and he relents. Great ad.
Do any of these commercials make me want to buy their product?
No.
Wendy’ is disgusting.
I already have AT-T.
Verizon is good (I had it on a company phone in the past) but I already have AT-T (only because they had the best plan at the time we needed phones).
But the commercials are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment