Wednesday, August 5, 2009

No is the Universal Language

Today, I ate Chinese food with my buddy Lariesha. I cracked open the fortune cookie at the end - hoping for that next "great piece of advice" and wham! NOTHING...No cheap - two bit fortune on that little strip of paper.
I actually made a loud noise when nothing appeared. If more people would have been in the dining hall, I may have had some on lookers.
Anyway, after asking the "can hardly speak English (WHICH I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH AT ALL...I AM ACTUALLY AMAZED AT HOW PEOPLE MAKE IT IN OUR COUNTRY WHILE NOT SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE - I AM IMPRESSED!) waitress for a go box (I had to bring my one shrimp and 2 onion slices back to the office for an afternoon snack) I asked her if it meant something special since I didn't get a fortune in my cookie.
She said with a smile...."NO"

No comments:

Post a Comment