Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Struggling with LA

In a season that began with much hope and promise came the Manny Ramirez "suspension" set back that was for all actuality, no set back at all. I boldly predicted that when he came off of his 50 game suspension, the Los Angeles Dodgers would be at least 12 games up in first place. Well, they were not 12 games up, but they were close to it.
So here we are, on August 26. We are only 2 measly games in first place. The Dodgers are 2 up on the Rockies, coming off of an extra inning loss to that Rockies club. The game last night basically paralleled the season. Up early, then down (the Ramirez "thing") then back on top (playing like World beaters during Manny's absence) then bam....we lost.
As sick as I get when the Dodgers lose (and believe me - my belly hurts today), I still feel we will win the World Series over the other LA team (the Angels). That was my prediction at the beginning of the season and I won't back off of it now. But I will say, my comfort level is diminishing.........quickly.
So lets go DODGERS....win tonight, win tomorrow and come out of Colorado with a 4 game lead on the Rockies. If this happens, I truly feel we got it, but much to my chagrin, it probably be with stress involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment