Thursday, January 7, 2010

self portrait

The Blank Canvas

Do you ever look at a blank piece of paper and think of it as a self portrait?
I actually have a framed, blank canvas (paper) hanging in my office.
I look at it every day.


No one has asked about it (no one that comes into my office). I actually find that odd.
If anyone would ask about it, I would tell them that is my self portrait.

Why?
Why blank?

Because - it leaves everything open and honest. I look at that blank spot and fill it in with whatever I want to. I can change it every second or every minute or every day - etc.

It also leaves room to grow or to shrink. Second only to the picture of my family (which I look at every day), the blank canvas is truly my next best friend in my office.

In my mind I can create whatever I want to with it and it is never soiled or tarnished.

You should try hanging one.

Your thoughts and imagination will run wild.

On the surface one may think "well you must fell like Nothing since there is nothing on the canvas."

Today I actually do feel that way.

But tomorrow may be different.

So here is to 2010 and your self portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment