Thursday, October 8, 2009

I have a fairly serious problem...

…but I am getting much better. I have had this problem for quite some time. I tried over and over again to overcome it. I make great strides and then I receive some of the “stuff” that contributes to this problem and I just can not say NO.
Then I get stronger and my will power rises and I am able to look the other way and pass up the temptation.

Hello, my name is Wade and I am a CHARITY GIFT RECEIVAHOLIC.

We all get the mailings. They are a request for a donation for cancer research, MS, the homeless, feed the children, etc etc etc (the list is too long to put on this blog). For quite some time, I would send all of them money.
They hooked me.
I couldn’t pass up the address labels or the grocery list pads, or the “to do” pads, or the cool stickers (this is another list that can go on and on). So I felt like if I accept their gifts, I need to send them some money.

Now we are getting at least one per day. In the recent past we have received nickels, cross pendants, a rosary, an eagle (you can hook to a chain), all of the stickers and pads mentioned above, and much more.

I even received a dollar once. I received a fleece blanket with a “C” on it. That was cool (or warm). But my favorite so far is from the Arbor Day foundation. I sent them 10 dollars and I received some cool stickers and address labels. I also received the promise of getting 10 tress native to South Louisiana, a calendar, a bunch of seeds and a book (they hooked me on the book). If I actually receive these tress, expect a tree for Christmas!

Now, if you know me, you also know I do care about charities and such. All of the mailings we get are really important causes and I am not mocking them with this blog. But I do have a problem.
But I am getting better. Lately I have been throwing the mailings away with out opening them.

I hope and pray that these charities get the money they need to keep going. Like I said, I care about all of them and think they all do a good deed to society. But if I continue to give to all of them, you might receive a mailing from me one day.

Again, they are all worthwhile causes.

I guess I can do some justice by giving you some links to a few to check out for your self.

http://www.neworleansmission.org/

http://www.alliancedefensefund.org/main/default.aspx

http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f2bfab46cb118010VgnVCM1000000e2015acRCRD

http://www.feedthechildren.org/site/PageServer?pagename=dotorg_homepage&s_src=google_adwords&s_subsrc=gaw_feedchildrengen--3131761692--feed%20the%20children



The other day I received a cool grocery list pad. I couldn’t pass it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment