Thursday, September 15, 2011

Your current employer and future employer actually negotiate your notice

See title.
Has this ever happened to you?
Recently I applied for a job. I actually told my current employer that I applied for this job.
Why?
Marriage. The company I work for services the company I applied for. So there could be no surprises, I told my current employer I applied.
Since then, I was offered the position and I accepted.
So I gave my 2 week notice. My current employer said woooooaaa that will put us in a bind.
So he called my future employer and they negotiated my release, I mean my last day.
I should ask them to get together and tell me what to eat for dinner or what to wear to church on Sunday. But I won't.
I am busting my but training a person to fill in until they hire someone. So when I get to my new position I only have less than 2 weeks to train with the guy who is retiring. I am taking the position of someone who is retiring.

At first I had negative feelings toward that but since then, you know it is all good. The Good Lord got me this far so I trust in Him to keep me going.
I am very happy with this change and this new opportunity. This is the type of job I have been gunning toward if I were to stay in the transportation realm. Yes I am still in transportation but not in trucking (per se). No more "Big Trucks". Logistics describes my new career.
My point is, why complain. I will give my current employer all I got. And on Monday I will give my new employer all I got.
Plus - the mission statement for my current employer is all about the customer. Guess what? Now I am that customer!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment