Monday, September 12, 2011

Doing the math ... It ain't that easy in Fantasy Football

This is week 1. I am playing in 4 leagues (one starts next week). Going into the 2 NFL games tonight my fingers and toes are working. So far I am leading my games in the 3 leagues that started week 1.
Cletus' Pork Pie Hats has a 101 to 63 lead over my opponent.
DA Dodger Blues has a 104 to 51 lead.
Hayden's Heroes has a 77 to 55 lead.
no biggie right... I am winning in all 3 ....BUT here is where the tense stickiness of Fantasy Football really sets in.
when you play in more than one league, chances are, you will have to root for and against the same player. Chances are you will have a player on your team and someone you are playing in another league will have that player.
Last Thursday night I had Drew Brees in one league and was playing against him in another.
so going into tonight. I need the following things to happen.

I need Darren McFadden (RB - Oakland) to just light it up...SCORE SCORE SCORE !!!!!!!
he is my only player left for Cletus. the bad thing is (yes I have a big lead, but) the guy I am playing still has 4 players left to play. One of them is Tom Brady (QB Patriots). That is bad....why, because I need Tom Brady to look good because he is my QB for Hayden's Heroes.....but he cant look too good because I am playing against him again with DA Dodger Blues ......
confused yet?

me too, but this is what I need...

as long as the Dolphins Def, Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall and Denver RB Keshown Mareno don't look too good, then Tom Brady can do decent. If he does decent and Sebastian Janikowski (K Raiders) does good then I should be OK for DA Dodgier Blues.
But I still need Tom Brady to do good enough so Hayden's Heroes can prevail...or BenJarvis Green Ellis (RB Patriots) and the Patriots Kicker (Gostkowski) can not do too well....

I am really confused now....my goal is to start out one and O in all 3 leagues, but to win for Cletus may be difficult...so If Brady does well, I should be quoting Meatloaf "Two outta Three ain't bad."

Next year - I AM NOT PLAYING FANTASY FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment