Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Seeing Inside Your Own Heart

I had an ultrasound of my heart today. I get one about every 3 years. Dr. Thomas has to make sure my mechanical aortic valve is still working properly. I think it is amazing to be able to see inside of my own heart. To see the valve flapping away and working like a locomotive is awesome. To actually be able to see moving parts (real and prosthetic) and blood flowing is crazy. With modern medicine we are able to see inside of our hearts ( and other parts). But you know even without an ultrasound machine or an x-ray, we can each look inside of our hearts. What is in our hearts? Love? Hate? Greed? Joy? Sorrow? We've probably all experienced these feelings and more. I know I have. So each day I strive to have positive feelings flow inside and through me so my heart is full of love, joy, peace, kindness and generosity. With these feelings and others I can also show the love of God within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment