Monday, September 5, 2011

Sunday Reflections (The Big House, The Chow House and The "They Make Money No Matter What" House

During the Hymn singing at Church yesterday - we were singing Count Your Blessings. This is a wonderful, well written song. But during it, I couldn't help but think "It would be cool to hear the Cowardly Lion (Wizard of Oz) sing this song. Then I thought about when we were kids. We used to sing the Hymns at church like Bob Dylan and Bob Marley. Every now and then we threw a little Elvis or Frank Sinatra in there. Sometimes, I catch myself doing this even today.
God does have a sense of humor.

We at lunch at Zea's yesterday. It has been awhile. And this place is still really good. It has always been a great meal. thanks Zea for your consistency over the years.

At Macy's we saved over 300 bucks on the retail price of some clothes. All the stores had huge Labor day sales. Old Navy- everything 40% off. Macy's had discounts on top of discounts, then more with coupons. The shoe store had big sales.
Great for the consumer. But don't feel bad for the retailer - they still make money.
They wouldn't be able to advertise like they do if they didn't. So I wonder how much that Tommy Hilfinger (I really don't know how to spell it) shirt that I got for 9.99 cost Macy's .....

one more thought of Old Navy - Those mannequins (thanks spell check) on the TV commercials really creep me out. When I saw them live and in person yesterday - more creeped out. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment