Friday, September 11, 2009

No Credit card machine = no fried chicken

Thank God for the Small Things

I had to go to the Post Office today. When I got back I had planned to eat the lunch I brought from home. I had a nice baked chicken breast with green beans and fingerling potatoes.
MMMMM
Well on the way to the USPS, I have to pass the only 3 eating joints that are in the town where I work. I wrestled back and forth with stomach issues (eat fried chicken from Daddy's or Birdies or go back to the office like a good little fat boy and eat my baked chicken). The pressure mounted and I succumbed.
I pulled into Daddy's and walked in.
"I'll have 2 chicken breasts and 2 jalapeno peppers, to go please" ,I told the cashier.
"No peppers", she said.
"Well just the two breasts will be fine", I said hiding my disappointment in the "no peppers" issue.
She obviously saw me reaching for my credit card (I only had a dollar in my pocket) when she said "Card machine is broken".
All I could say was, "well OK. Have a nice day."
When I walked out, I looked over at Birdies across the street and said "NO"!!!!!!!
So thank God I used my cash at the post office. Thank God the card machine was broken.
As I am typing this, I am enjoying my baked chicken, green beans and potatoes.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

1 comment:

  1. Well, I was bad enough for the both of us this morning. I succumbed to the lure of a ham and swiss croissant from a French bakery down the street. MMMMMMMMM with a side of guilt!

    ReplyDelete