Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hope = Life

Hope = Life
I feel the waters flowing over and in me.
Life.
Breathing deep and feeling your existence within me.
Love.
I am nurtured and cared for.
I am growing and benefiting others.
The sun is high and I start to feel a wither.
But I have enough life where I will not fall.
A day passes and no rains fall.
The sun is hot again and I droop more.
The surface around me is tightening.
I am starting to feel the struggle.
I pray for the life giving rain.
The sun is high and shining again.
And again I feel more deflated.
Where is my rain?
Where is my life?
Where is my love?
I feel wet drops.
I have hope.
I feel life.
But it doesn’t last and the sun dries all of the wetness.
Despair.
My surface is hard and crumbly.
I can’t breathe.
I am losing my hope.
My face is almost on the ground.
I close my eyes and almost let go.
It is getting dark, but it is still day.
I smell the rain.
I smell life.
My hope is restored.
Did I really lose it?
It rains.
I have hope.
I have life.

May 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment