Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Future

I have a doctor's appointment today. I like to try to come early. Sometimes they take me early. Before I got to the hospital I got real hungry. So I tried to stop somewhere semi healthy ( did not want to load up on fries an coke before getting blood pressure checked). I ended up at Quiznos. So as I ate I watched this elderly couple. They had to be in their late 80s ( or older). I watched them and just enjoyed what I saw. They were happy. They were together. They were inspiring. I can't lie to you as I watched I just smiled and I felt one of my eyes begin to well up. ( Christina Perri's song Arms played in the background and it added to the scene in front of me). As the couple finished their lunch, just like he probably did for many years, the gentleman picked up the ladies tray. He held the door for her and of course opened the car door for her ( by the way. They got into a brand new Red Ford Fusion). I finished my lunch and thought about my own future with my beautiful wife. When we are that age, And I take her to lunch, hopefully we can be an inspiration to others. ( for the record. There are many couples who inspire me - my parents and many others).

No comments:

Post a Comment