Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Beep Beep

The beep beep.

We are spending a nice decompression weekend at Pine Lake Camp.
No plans.
One goal....... To relax.

So far so good.
We are staying in the Bender House. Not a soul here except us.
Nice.
This is a true beautiful place.

We arrived last night.
Unpacked and relaxed. Set the heat. Around 9 ish. Pm. I heard a soft beep beep. I didn't think too much about it. But I did look at my phone to see the time. 9:03 pm.
Then about an hour later we both heard it. I looked at the time - 10:03 pm. So I looked under the beds. Behind the beds etc. I didn't see anything.
We were tired and sleepy so the lights went out.
I was having a battle inside of me. Coffee and Mello yello ( I drank on the trip up) vs Tylenol PM. So I decided to wait until 11 and see if I could here the beep.
So I played games on the phone. Read some news apps. Looked at the window, dozed a bit.
I looked at the clock. 11:01. Ok come on beep. I am ready to close my eyes.
The coffee/mello yellow combo still tag teaming against the Tylenol. What a battle.
11:02. Getting closer. That minute between 11:01 and 11:02 seemed like an eternity.
Eyes getting heavy. I gotta make it to 11:03. Finally. 11:03 hits.
Nothing. No beep beep.
I wait a few loooooooooong seconds. Nothing. The clock still shows 11:03.
Finally I say to myself. We must have been hearing things (knowing full well we heard it).
So I put the phone down and rollover. I close my eyes and ......... You guessed it. I hear Beep Beep.
I get up and grab the flashlight. I am again looking under the beds between mattress an Side boards of the bunk beds (they have a regular bed and a set of bunk beds). I don't see anything.
(by the way. In true fashion. As I am typing this on Saturday afternoon. At 3:03. Beep beep)
So I get back into bed an eventually fall asleep. My last thought after my prayers - I am finding the beep beep tomorrow.
Saturday morning. We are talking about the beep and wala it happens. 7:03.
At 8:03 I will be ready. I will get close to where I think the noise is coming from. I will find it.
It is Getting close to 8:03. I was going to lay on the top bunk. It came from that direction. Then I started to move stuff again. Wala in the corner. Under a bed. Behind an extra mattress. A watch.

( note - As of now I have yet to move the watch. I will before we leave.
It didn't bother us at all. Especially now knowing what it is. No biggie.
I think it is funny though. )

No comments:

Post a Comment