Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

Today is Easter Sunday. It is a day where people gather to celebrate the Risen Christ.
I used to - a long time ago - judge people who went to church only on Easter or Christmas.
Who am I to judge?
Or who was I to judge?
What is the difference between someone going to church once a year and someone who goes every Sunday?
It all depends on what you get and what you give to the experience.
I do believe that going to church is a staple and it is a pillar for any one's spiritual life.
But - raise your hand - I'm raising mine - how many times have we enjoyed that Sunday morning fellowship only to forget about it by Monday?
So if you went to church today for the first time this year, great I hope you got something out of it and will continue to go.
If you went to church every Sunday this year, great, I hope you got something out of it and will continue to go.
There is only one Judge and He is also the jury.

I have a T shirt from the band Project 86.
On the T shirt there is a picture of a puppet and the words written:
"Who Do I Belong To? Not Wretches. Not Horrors.
Who Do I Belong To? Immortal. Eternal"

We should never forget who we belong to. Not today, not ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment